NITROSIGINE®, A PATENTED COMPLEX OF BONDED ARGININE SILICATE, ACCEPTED BY THE FDA AS A NEW DIETARY INGREDIENT
Nitrosigine® Health Benefits Support Consumer Needs in Many Categories including Sports Nutrition, Cardiovascular Health, and Men’s Health
NITROSIGINE® IS MUCH MORE THAN THE SUM OF ITS PARTS
• Unique, bonded complex of arginine and silicon that provides
enhanced benefits of each ingredient.
• Multiple patents issued, which cover compositions and multiple uses.
• FDA Reviewed – New Dietary Ingredient (NDI)
Notification letter received by Nutrition 21 on March 18, 2013.
• Many published, category-specific, pre-clinical studies completed.
• Human clinical study presented at renowned Experimental Biology 2014 meeting.
• Additional human clinical studies ongoing in 2014.
• GRAS affirmed for nutritional bars and beverages.
The results of a clinical study presented at the renowned Experimental Biology 2014 Annual meeting, support the use of Nitrosigine® as a bio-available source of arginine and silicon. The clinical study adds to the body of work establishing Nitrosigine® as an effective ingredient in products for sports nutrition, men’s health and cardiovascular health. The new clinical study confirms pre-clinical work, and supports Nitrosigine’s® ability to enhance the benefits of rigorous workouts by significantly increasing nitric oxide levels.*3 Fitness-focused consumers who want to get the most out of their training regimen, will appreciate that Nitrosigine® is quickly absorbed by the body, taking effect in 30 minutes and lasting up to three hours. Nitrosigine® has also been shown to significantly raise arginine and silicon levels – both important nutrients for cardiovascular performance.
Nitrosigine® provides the benefits of arginine and silicon, with additional benefits from the unique combination. Research has shown significant protective effects of the novel amino acid complex of bonded arginine silicate in an animal model of Metabolic Syndrome with treatment reversing impaired function of the coronary arteries.*2 Arginine has been studied extensively since 1998 as a natural metabolic donor of nitric oxide. There is also accumulated evidence over the past 35 years suggesting an important role for silicon in connective tissue.
Nitrosigine® Science Highlights:
The new clinical study demonstrated significant increases in plasma arginine levels (P<0.01) and serum silicon levels (P<0.01) after a single dose of Nitrosigine®. *3(Fig.1) In addition, a significant increase in nitric oxide levels (measured as salivary nitrites) was seen after 14 days of product consumption (P<0.05).*3
The increase in NO levels can promote relaxation of smooth muscle in blood vessels, which increases blood flow and improves cardiovascular and muscular health. (Fig.2)
Consumer benefits directly linked to the clinical study findings include*3:
• Nitrosigine® significantly boosts nitric oxide (NO) levels, a key factor
in increasing blood flow
• Nitrosigine® is a safe, bioavailable source of arginine and silicon
• Nitrosigine® takes effect in as quickly as 30 minutes
• Nitrosigine® keeps delivering benefits up to 3 hours after a single
• Nitrosigine® significantly increases silicon levels for up to 1.5 hours
• With continued use of Nitrosigine®, nitric oxide levels build over time,
leading to even better blood flow and vessel flexibility.
Research has shown dramatic protective effects of the novel amino acid complex arginine silicate in pre-clinical animal studies.
• Nitrosigine® almost doubles maximum blood flow compared to
Arginine HCl and is 4x greater than Control.*1
• Nitrosigine® blood vessel relaxation is almost 5x greater than
• Nitrosigine® supplementation significantly increased silicon
blood levels compared to normal dietary intake.*2
• Higher nitric oxide related maximum blood flow & vessel relaxation
achieved with Nitrosigine® offer many health benefits.
Consumer Products with Nitrosigine®
Nitrosigine® Safety Profile
• LD 50 – No Mortality, No Signs and Symptoms of Toxicity, No Significant
Evidence of Toxicity Effects.
• AMES Test – No Mutagenesis. Does not induce point mutations.
• Chromosomal Aberrations – No Chromosomal Aberrations.
• Micronucleus Tests – No Significant Increase in Number of Micronucleated
• FDA Accepted the Nitrosigine® NDI – New Dietary Ingredient Application
• Human Clinical Trials Underway
• GRAS affirmed for Nutritional bars and beverages.
*1. Proctor SD, Kelly SE, Russell JC. A novel complex of arginine-silicate improves micro- and macrovascular function and inhibits glomerular sclerosis in insulin-resistant JCR:LA-cp rats. Diabetologia. 2005 Sep;48(9):1925-32.
*2. Proctor SD, Kelly SE, Vine DF, Russell JC. Metabolic effects of a novel silicate inositol complex of the nitric oxide precursor arginine in the obese insulin-resistant JCR:LA-cp rat. Metabolism. 2007 Oct;56(10):1318-25.
*3. Presented at The Experimental Biology (EB) 2014 meeting held at the San Diego Convention Center, April 30, 2014 and in the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology journal (FASEB).