NITROSIGINE®, A PATENTED COMPLEX OF BONDED ARGININE SILICATE, ACCEPTED BY THE FDA AS A NEW DIETARY INGREDIENT
Nitrosigine® Health Benefits Support Consumer Needs in Many Categories including Sports Nutrition, Cardiovascular Health, and Men’s Health
A new clinical study supports Nitrosigine’s® ability to enhance the
benefits of rigorous workouts by significantly increasing nitric oxide
Fitness-focused consumers who want to get the most out of their training regimen, will appreciate that Nitrosigine® is quickly absorbed by the body; taking effect in 30 minutes and lasting up to three hours. Nitrosigine™ has also been shown to significantly raise arginine and silicon levels – both important nutrients for cardiovascular performance. The results of a clinical study presented at the renowned Experimental Biology 2014 Annual meeting support the use of Nitrosigine® as a bioavailable source of arginine and silicon. The clinical study adds to the body of work establishing Nitrosigine® as an effective ingredient in products for sports nutrition, men’s health and cardiovascular health.
Nitrosigine® Science Highlights:
The new clinical study demonstrated significant increases in plasma arginine levels (P<0.01) and serum silicon levels (P<0.01) after a single dose of Nitrosigine®. *1 (Fig.1) In addition, a significant increase in nitric oxide levels (measured as salivary nitrites) was seen after 14 days of product consumption (P<0.05). *1
The clinical study verified that daily Nitrosigine® supplementation increased nitric oxide (NO) levels with a significant change in NO levels at 14 days. *3 The increase in NO levels can promote relaxation of smooth muscle in blood vessels, which increases blood flow and improves cardiovascular and muscular health.
Consumer benefits directly linked to the clinical study findings include*3:
- Nitrosigine® significantly boosts nitric oxide (NO) levels, a key factor
in increasing blood flow
- Nitrosigine® is a safe, bioavailable source of arginine and silicon
- Nitrosigine® takes effect in as quickly as 30 minutes
- Nitrosigine® keeps delivering benefits up to 3 hours after a single
- Nitrosigine® significantly increases silicon levels for up to 1.5 hours
- With continued use of Nitrosigine®, nitric oxide levels build over time,
leading to even better blood flow and vessel flexibility.
Nitrosigine® Safety Profile
- LD 50 – No Mortality, No Signs and Symptoms of Toxicity, No Significant
Evidence of Toxicity Effects.
- AMES Test – No Mutagenesis. Does not induce point mutations.
- Chromosomal Aberrations – No Chromosomal Aberrations.
- Micronucleus Tests – No Significant Increase in Number of Micronucleated
- FDA Accepted the Nitrosigine® NDI – New Dietary Ingredient Application
- Human Clinical Trials Underway
- GRAS affirmed for Nutritional bars and beverages.
For more information please visit: Nitrosigine.com
*1. Proctor SD, Kelly SE, Russell JC. A novel complex of arginine-silicate improves micro- and macrovascular function and inhibits glomerular sclerosis in insulin-resistant JCR:LA-cp rats. Diabetologia. 2005 Sep;48(9):1925-32.
*2. Proctor SD, Kelly SE, Vine DF, Russell JC. Metabolic effects of a novel silicate inositol complex of the nitric oxide precursor arginine in the obese insulin-resistant JCR:LA-cp rat. Metabolism. 2007 Oct;56(10):1318-25.
*3. Presented at The Experimental Biology (EB) 2014 meeting held at the San Diego Convention Center, April 30, 2014 and in the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology journal (FASEB).